If you experience lag or buffering please take a look at the suggestions we have here to help you get back to watching the BOX5-TV live streams
- Reduce video resolution
BOX5 streams at 1080p, full high definition. Most modern computers and mobile devices should not have an issue with this resolution. However, there are some times where the device or internet connectivity may struggle with that resolution. We recommend reducing your resolution to 720p and lower to make the stream more stable.
- Close other applications and programs
Apps or other programs continuously connect to the internet for updates or download data in the background. This happens more so with multiple tabs open in your web browser. We recommend to close ALL browser tabs, except for the one you’re viewing.
- Speed up your internet connection
Slow internet speeds can interrupt your stream and cause delays or buffering. Here are a few things you can do to improve your network connection:
- Check your internet speed HERE. If you are not getting the speeds you are paying for, check for outages in your area or contact your internet service provider. To check for outages check HERE.
- Turn your modem and router off for 10 seconds and then back on. If that doesn’t work, try unplugging your modem and router for 30 seconds, then plug them back in and wait for your network to fully connect again.
- If you know how, use the 5GHz network on your router rather than the 2.4GHz network.
- Remove ALL other devices connected to your network and try again.
Free up bandwidth wherever possible. Even when not using them, Wi-Fi devices are using data.
- Try a wired Ethernet connection
If you have high internet speed and still encountering buffering and lag, consider using an ethernet cable. Please note: ethernet cables longer than 50 feet may not provide as strong of a connection as ethernet cables under 50 feet in length.
- Clean up your browser settings
Internet browsers are often overloaded with temporary and cached data. Try clearing out cookies and wiping your browsing history. This will help your browser run more quickly, which will reduce buffering times. Please keep in mind, clearing cookies and cache will clear all saved data from your browser. If you’d like to only clear cookies and cache for a specific site, you can hit command + shift + r and it will only clear for tab of the site you are currently on.
If you’ve tried the steps above and are still having issues, please send us a note and we will do our best to help.